Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a results-oriented, self-motivated individual with a degree or 2-3 years’ retail experience to join the graduate development program within their Retail space. You need to be passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering world-class customer experience. You need to be a quick learner and be competent in using data to drive decisions. You need to excel in prioritization of daily tasks and be confident interacting with internal and external stakeholders. And, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster.
Takealot is a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard working people to join them. They offer a great working environment with even cooler people and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you’re up for a challenge and want to build something great.
This 6-months program will consist of:
- Quarterly rotations through 2 of the Retail divisions.
- Exposure to other areas of takealot.com.
Your responsibilities will include:
To complete division specific projects per rotation on a sub-category of a department, inclusive of:
- Strategy development (aligning with that of the department)
- Range development
- Sourcing of product
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Stock holding
- Forecast planning
- Merchandising of the products
- Managing KPI’s such as revenue and margin for the products
- Formulating a pricing strategy
Interacting with all supporting services:
- Call center
- Supply chain
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (commerce degree / industrial engineering preferable) or 2-3 years’ commercial experience
- Competency in MS Office packages, particularly Excel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Organized, ability to prioritize
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
- Strong willingness to learn
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We love what we do and what we are creating
How to apply