Lonmin is offering 2018 bursaries to full-time students which will take care of all the bursars’ financial obligations. The bursar will be a full-time student, undertaking vacation work and gaining practical experience in the relevant disciplines. The Bursar will undertake a Bursary Agreement with Lonmin which includes 8 weeks’ vacation work annually.
As part of realising its vision of being an employer of choice and preparing the industry for its future resourcing needs, Lonmin offers comprehensive and industry renowned Bursaries to students who wish to pursue a career in the following mining or mining related disciplines.
Key Performance Areas:
- Attend lectures at University/Technicon.
- Conduct compulsory practical vacation work of 8 weeks per annum as per bursar programme outcomes and/or University/Technicon project.
- Adhere to all Company policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner.
- Capturing and reporting of information.
- Ensure effective team relationships and support.
- Engage relevant stakeholders to gain the necessary business context.
- Support and promote a positive work environment.
# Grade 12 – Average of 60% or higher in both Mathematics and Science.
# Formal qualification: University results – C average (60%) or higher in one of following disciplines:
- Medical Doctor
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Electronic Engineering
How to apply
Applications close on 06 February 2018. Click here to apply online