The South African Breweries (SAB) invites applications for 18 Packaging Learnerships at Newlands Brewery. The purpose of this program is to provide unemployed youth with an opportunity to enrol for a National Certificate in Food & Beverage Packaging NQF 3. They will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with the Brewery during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
The Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines practical and theoretical learning in an integrated programme. The learner is given exposure to theory and then opportunity is given for the application of the theory.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- The Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the National Qualifcations Framework (NQF)
- The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
- The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
- Matric with mathematics
- Computer literate
- Self-directed and motivated
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Be resourceful
- Ability to work effectively in shift based teams
- Ability to form effective relationships with coaches and mentors
- No experience required
How to apply
Applications close on 29 January 2018. Click here to apply online