- BSc in Land Surveying/Geomatics – National Senior Certificate with Mathematics and Physical Science
- BSc in Town and Regional Planning/Urban Design – National Senior Certificate with Mathematics, Geography and/or Physical Science
- BSc/BA in Geo-Informatics/Geographic Information Science -National Senior Certificate with Mathematics and Physical Science
- National diploma in Surveying/Cartography -National Senior Certificate with Mathematics and Physical Science
- National diploma in Town and Regional Planning -National Senior Certificate with Mathematics and/or Physical Science and Geography
The Bursary Covers: Tuition; Registration; Accommodation; Meals; Living Allowance; and Book Fees.
Documents to be attached
- Fully completed Bursary Application form
- Proof of physical address (home) document: A letter from the Traditional Authority Offices for those residing from the villages and a letter from the Municipality Offices for those of Town / Townships / Farms (not statement of account, e.g. water bill, etc.)
- Certified copy of ID Document (student)
- Certified copy of Statement of Results / Matric Certificate (Matric Certificate is compulsory for all applicants)
- Certified copy of end of year results / last academic results (Students already at tertiary) 6. Certified copy of University Acceptance letter
- ATTACH PROOF OF PARENT(S)’ AND GUARDIAN INCOME DOCUMENT(S): SALARY PAYSLIP(S) (NB: In case of deceased parent(s), also attach copy of Death Certificates).
- NB: In case the University Acceptance / Admission Letter and the end of year Results (Matric and Tertiary) are not yet received, please submit the Bursary application form with other supporting documents before the closing date and submit the results not later than 10 January 2018 to email: Masha.Mundalamo@drdlr.gov.za / Jonas.Semela@drdlr.gov.za / Tamara.Simelane@drdlr.gov.za
How to apply
Closing date is 30 November 2017. Click here to download the application form.
NB: The completed Bursary Application Form, together with certified copies of all the required documents should be submitted directly to: Department of Rural Development and Land Reform, Office of the Chief Surveyor General, Private Bag X954, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: Office of the Chief Surveyor General, corner Bosman and Pretorius Streets, 2nd Floor, Rentmeester Building, Pretoria, 0001.
Application Forms received after the closing will not be considered / will be disregarded.
For any enquiries please call 012 326 8050
Applicants should consider their applications unsuccessful if they have not received a reply by 31 January 2018.