The Department of Energy invites applications for 2018 Internship/Experiential Training Programme.
Salary: Minimum Stipend of R6 643.25 per month
- A Post-Matric (Grade 12) qualification as specified below.
- Degree in Nuclear Engineering / B.Sc Honours in Physics/Chemistry/Natural Science (Ref No: DoE/HRD 01)
- LLB degree / Bachelor of Law (Ref No: DoE/HRD 02)
- B.Com Accounting (Ref No: DoE/HRD 03)
- B.Com Economics/Econometrics (Ref No: LLB DoE/HRD 04)
- Degree/National diploma in Public Management/Administration, Office Management and Technology (Ref No: DoE/HRD 05)
- Degree/National diploma in Public Management/Administration/Purchasing/Business Administration/ Supply Chain Management/Logistics (Ref No: DoE/HRD 06)
- Diploma/Degree in Risk Management/Public Management/Administration/Internal Auditing (Ref No: DoE/HRD 07)
- National diploma in Labour Relations (Ref No: DoE/HRD 08)Bachelor of Environmental Science/Environmental Management/Environmental, Energy Studies (Ref No: DoE/HRD 09)
Mpumalanga, North West, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Western Cape, Free State, Limpopo, Kwa- Zulu Natal and Gauteng
- Degree/National diploma in Public Management, Office Management and Administration/Secretary (Ref No: DoE/HRD 10)
Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles. PLUS the following key competencies:
- Skills: Report writing
- Communication: Verbal and written Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English)
- Creativity: Innovative, Articulate, Good listener
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure, open-minded
- Must have the ability to put other people first (Ubuntu), must be professional, honest, ethical, accountable and have a sense of integrity.
- Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years
- Candidates who have already participated in an Internship programme in any Government department will NOT be considered
- Applications should be made on form Z83 (download here), obtainable from any Public Service department and accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of all qualifications and identity document
- Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified
- Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the top of Z83 form
- Failure to submit the request documents will result in your application not being considered
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification
- Successful candidates will be appointed on an Internship Programme for a period of 12 months
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
How to apply
Closing date is 27 October 2017.
Please forward your application, marked for the attention of Mr M.S. Ramogayana by post to: The Director-General, Department of Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Energy, 192 corner Visagie and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria. Please direct all enquiries to: Mr M.S. Ramogayana, tel. 012 406 7406.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED ABOVE AND NOT TO THE SPECIFIC REGION(S).