ADMISSION FOR TRAINING AS A NURSE: DIPLOMA IN NURSING (GENERAL, COMMUNITY & PSYCHIATRY) AND MIDWIFERY – 2018
The Department of Health invites Mpumalanga Province citizens to apply to study towards the four year Diploma in Nursing (General, Community & Psychiatry) and Midwifery. This group will be recruited to study at KwaZulu-Natal College of Nursing from the 2nd January 2018. Students will receive a fixed monthly stipend for the duration of their study and will not be put on posts. There are no fees payable to be admitted at the College. Please note that space is limited.
Applicants must meet ALL the following compulsory minimum requirements, not some of them:
- A Matriculation Certificate qualifying for admission for a Diploma/degree.
- English at least Level 4 (HG D/SG C) or above
- Life Science/Biology/Physiology at least Level 4 (HG D/SG C) or above.
- Mathematics at least Level 3 or (HG E /SG D) or Maths Literacy at least level 4 or above
- Physical Science/Agriculture/Geography; passed with at least level 3 (HG E/SG D) or above
- Minimum total admission point score (APS) of the six subjects with highest levels should not be less than 25 (excluding Life Orientation)
All certificates will be sent for verification. Selected applicants will undergo medical screening. A previous qualification in a Nursing or similar programme is not considered as a requirement for admission and does not replace the above.
Certificates not registrable with the South African Nursing Council (e.g. ABET) will not be considered. Applicants with a disability will be considered only in terms of the inherent requirements of the nursing duties
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health to work back the number of years trained
- To attend lectures for theoretical knowledge and do work integrated learning at KZN health facilities as required by the South African Nursing Council.
- To subject themselves to the rules and regulations of KZN College of Nursing for nursing students.
NOTE: Students will receive a bursary for the duration of their study to cover accomodation, meals and tuition. There are no fees payable to be admitted at the College.
For any enquries please contact Mr. R. Khoza @ 013 766 3165 / Mr. B. Magagula @ 013 766 3425
How to apply
Closing date is 16 October 2017. All applications are to be strictly done on online on the official Mpumalanga Department of Health website. The applicant will need to have a valid email address
PLEASE NOTE: No physical, faxed or e-mailed applications are allowed.
If shortlisted the following documents will be required during interview )
- Original Matriculation Certificate. (all certificates will be sent to UMALUSI for verification)
- Copy of Identity Document certified within three months of Closing Date.
- Proof of Residence
Due to the large number of applications normally received, communication will be limited only to candidates considered for selection.
If you are not contacted after 31st December 2017 please consider your application unsuccessful.