The City of Cape Town invites applications for Engineering Apprenticeship opportunities available within the Electricity Generation and Distribution department (Reference Number: NRG 87/17 Ext)
Basic Salary: R89 769 per annum
- A minimum of an NTC 3 technical qualification (Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics,Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics or any other subject in the heavy current stream with Matric) OR Technical Matric (Grade 12 – English, Electrical Trade Theory, Mathematics, Physical Science and any other subject) OR Full NCV 4 Electrical (with 7 subjects)
- A real interest in the electrical field
- Must reside in the City of Cape Town metropole
- A valid driver’s licence (preferably Code C1 – old Code 10) would be recommended.
NB: Candidates with medical conditions, that may negatively impact on the Apprentices Programme, will NOT be considered, e.g. Epilepsy, colour blindness, etc.
Closing date is 29 September 2017. An application form MUST be completed when applying. These forms are available from the following places:
- 2nd Floor, Cape Town Civic Centre
- Electricity Training Centre, Brackenfell
- Electricity Head Office, Bloemhof Street, Bellville (Organisational Support – ground floor)
- Parow Electricity Depot, No 1 Jean Simonis Street, Parow
- Wynberg Distribution Depot, off Rosmead Avenue, Wynberg.
Please hand deliver a comprehensive CV and covering letter, including a certified copy of your Identity Document, at the Human Resources Employment Counter, 2nd Floor, Tower Block, Civic Centre, 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town.