Transnet Freight Rail is the largest division of Transnet SOC Ltd. It is a world class heavy haul freight rail company that specialises in the transportation of freight.
There are a few things you need to know about becoming a fire fighter. Becoming a fire fighter is cool but a dangerous profession and career. A fire fighters job is to protect lives and property from fire outbreaks. Fire fighters are also responsible for providing assistance in the event of disasters such as earthquakes, train derailments, vehicle accidents, floods etc. Training to become a fire fighter is hard and physical; to make sure you are capable of handling any life threatening situation. To protect lives, property and the environment by correctly executing maintenance programmes and responding to emergencies, fires, chemical incidents and disaster.
- Grade 12 ( Preferably with Maths and Science)
- Be in possession of a Code B driver’s license and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle
- Physically, Mentally and Medically fit
- Able to withstand heights, be heat tolerant, non-claustrophobic and have no phobias for darkness.
How to apply
Closing date is 28 July 2017
- Cape Town (Ref No:50010878)
- Beaufort West (Ref No:50010884)
- Port Elizaberth (Ref No:50010894)
- Empangeni (Ref No:50010896)
- East London (Ref No:50010886)
Please fax or email applications for the below areas to:Email:email@example.com/fax number 0117743884
- Durban (Ref No:50010888)
- Nelspruit (Ref No:Nelspruit)
- Ladysmith (Ref No:50010882)
- Sentrarand (Johannesburg) (Ref No:50010890)
- Sasolburg (Ref No:50010880)
NB: Employees that are in the service of Transnet, on a permanent basis, will keep their current status and benefits, if successful and be appointed as a Learnership (Trainee Fire Fighter). After completion of the training they will return to their current jobs, unless being appointed as a Fire Fighter.