New Vaal Colliery, owned by Anglo American – one of the world’s largest mining companies, is offering Engineering Learnership opportunities in the following disciplines:
- Auto Electrician
- Diesel Mechanic
- Boilermaker (Plater)
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with a high regard to safety and an excellent safety record.
- Minimum Grade 12 with Pure Maths and Physical Science (Not Maths literacy & Functional Maths) or:
- N2 Technical qualification with relevant subjects i.e:
- Electrician: Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory.
- Auto Electrician: Maths, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Motor Electrical Theory/Electrical Trade Theory.
- Fitter: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Trade Theory.
- Diesel Mechanic: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel or Motor Trade Theory.
- Boilermaker (Plater): Maths , Engineering Science, Plater Theory, Plating and Structural Steel Drawings.
- Rigger: Maths, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawings, Rigger Trade Theory.
- Minimum Symbol E (40%).
- A valid K53 provincial driver’s license.
- Candidates must be able and prepared to undergo a psychometric assessment.
- Must be in possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, standby & call outs when required.
- Be able to cope with pressure, be innovative & a self-starter.
- Be able to identify faults without supervision.
- Experience in the Mining Sector will be advantageous.
How to apply
Applications close on 13 January 2017. Click here to apply online