The South African Breweries (SAB) invites applications for 18 Packaging Learnerships at the Newlands Brewery in Cape Town. The purpose of this program is to provide applicants with an opportunity to enroll for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging, NQF 3. Learners will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Newlands Brewery, during which time they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Matric with mathematics
- Computer literate
- No experience required
- Self-directed and motivated
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical ability
- Be resourceful
- Ability to work effectively in shift based teams
- Ability to form effective relationships with coaches and mentors
A Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) Qualification Framework.
- The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
- The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
How to apply
Closing date is 19 December 2016. Click here to apply online